Profile: Michael Rolfe
Loft credits (click a play title to view details)
- Director, A Midsummer Night’s Dream (2022)
- Director, Keeping Our End Up (2019)
- Director/Set design, Nell Gwynn (2018)
- Director, The Vortex (2017)
Michael started with an amateur theatre company in his teens and continued his interest in drama at university. He worked professionally as an actor, stage manager and designer in London and regional theatres, then in the BBC as a producer and director for radio drama for ten years. In the 1980s he produced and directed TV drama at Pebble Mill for five years, both single plays and serials such as Bird of Prey with Richard Griffiths and The Boys From the Black Stuff. Michael then became freelance and worked across the board in series and serials such as Connie with Stephanie Beacham and Pam Ferris, single plays and a European feature film as well as corporate non-broadcast films.
He returned to theatre locally in 2014 when he compiled a WW1 poetry and prose programme for the Shakespeare International Poetry Festival and directed a play about the meeting of poets Owen and Sassoon, Not about Heroes, at the Attic Theatre, then Ladies in Lavender for the Bear Pit in 2016.
- To make additions or corrections to Michael Rolfe’s profile, please contact the online archivist.
Find us at
Join us on social media
- Phone: 01926 830 680 (answerphone service)
- General enquiries