Profile: Tim Leggatt
Loft credits (click a play title to view details)
- Doctor/Fairchild, The Lady in the Van (2010)
- Judge, Inherit the Wind (2007)
- Company, Christmas Music Hall (2006)
- Mason/Brocklehurst, Jane Eyre (2005)
- Stephen Spettigue, Charley’s Aunt (2003)
- Mr Badger, Toad of Toad Hall (2002)
- Colonel Redfern, Look Back in Anger (2002)
- Glagolyev, Wild Honey (2001)
- Lewis Luby, The Fear of Heaven (2000)
- Starveling, A Midsummer Night’s Dream (1999)
- Polonius, Hamlet (Marlowe Society)
As a young man Tim Leggatt was pined after by the novelist E. M. Forster, about which he later wrote a book (Connecting with E. M. Forster: A Memoir, Hesperus Press, 2012). He worked for the P&O Steam Navigation Company in Calcutta from 1958 to ’59, was senior tutor at King’s College, Cambridge, 1973-81 and was a planning controller at the RSC in London and Stratford from 1984 to ’88.
Tim died peacefully on the evening of 22 September 2022, at the age of 88. He was at Galanos House care home in Southam following a stroke in 2020, and was surrounded by family for his final moments.